CalceTerra - Natural Lime Paint
CalceTerra is an innovative and high quality lime paint using natural pigments to enrich your property's interior and exterior.
What is Lime Paint?
Lime paint is made from natural slaked lime and water and is often used for interior walls and ceilings. It has been used for centuries and is known for its durability and ability to create a unique, textured finish.
Made from a fine powder it can be mixed with water to create a paint and when applied to a surface, the lime paint reacts with the carbon dioxide in the air and slowly hardens over time, creating a durable and long-lasting finish.
Easy to apply and maintain, lime-based paints are user-friendly; once applied, it offers a nuanced texture whether you choose natural white or mix it with other natural pigments to create custom colours. It can be applied to porous surfaces to make a newly lime-washed wall look textured, such as brick, concrete and other surfaces.
One of the benefits of lime paint is its breathability, allowing moisture to pass through the paint and preventing the growth of mould and mildew. It also can regulate humidity levels in a room, making it a good choice for areas with high humidity. It is also eco-friendly and non-toxic, making it a safe choice for homes with children and pets.
In terms of aesthetics, lime paint creates a unique, textured finish that can vary depending on the application method. Depending on the desired look, it can be applied with a brush, roller, or spray gun and left with a smooth or rough finish.
Why choose CalceTerra?
CalceTerra is a natural and ecological wall covering based on lime and natural sand; it is environmentally friendly and has a low chemical makeup, meaning it is entirely safe for inside your home. You can apply CalceTerra and feel safe knowing it is eco-friendly.
Calceterra is a powder of natural lime and white Carrara marble mixed with water. It has a natural resistance to the onset of mould and bacteria, allowing the walls to breathe. Naturally white, it can be coloured with 20 Natural Sands to obtain the 60 shades of the collection.
Available in four textures, CalceTerra is inspired by natural fibres and the colour of sand:
- CalceTerra Cotton Texture Silky and elegant
- CalceTerra Linen Texture Slightly 'wrinkled', as linen is, and releasing a feeling of softness
- CalceTerra Jute Texture With a rustic and mineral finish
- CalceTerra Hemp Texture Has added natural hemp with natural insulation
Choosing an environmentally friendly paint can be a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a healthier planet.
What are the benefits of CalceTerra?
Here are just some of the benefits:
- Breathability - allowing moisture to escape from the surface. This is important for walls with damp issues, as it prevents moisture from getting trapped and causing damage.
- Natural - made from natural materials, primarily slaked lime and water. This makes it an eco-friendly option, as it contains no harmful chemicals.
- Antimicrobial properties - making it resistant to mould and mildew growth. This makes it an excellent option for use in humid or damp environments.
- Aesthetic appeal - available in four textures, it has a unique, matte finish giving walls a natural look. It is also available in a range of colours, from white to muted earthy tones.
- Durable - long-lasting.
- Easy to apply - or retouch, making it a low-maintenance option.
Contact Stucco Veneziano for CalceTerra
We are happy to offer further advice and information to ensure that you find the most suitable product for your project.
Our full range of lime paints can be purchased directly through our website and is stocked in our London warehouse for shipping throughout the UK.
For areas outside the UK, please call us for a shipping quote. If you would like to visit our warehouse to purchase, please contact us to make an appointment.
Should you require further information before placing an order, please don't hesitate to contact us, one of our team is always on hand to assist.